OUR JOURNEY AS WE TRY TO LIVE A GREENER AND MORE ECO-FRIENDLY LIFESTYLE

top cashback

Online Cashback

Friday 4 January 2008

DAY 4

When going out in the car I try to incorporate at least one if not more errands into the same journey.

With petrol here in UK costing £1.04($2)/ltr or £5($10)/gallon, petrol is a very precious commodity especially as we live 2 miles from the nearest shop and it is a 25 mile round trip to the supermarket or into town.

Today I had to take David to a football course he was doing but I also went to the bank and paid some bills whilst out.

We have changed all but our spotlights in the kitchen to Eco-friendly light bulbs.

The washing machine is run using a timer which switches it on during the night when we have cheaper electricity, and it also means the laundry is ready to line hang when I get up rather than waiting until later in the day.
I try to line dry as much as possible, I don't have a dryer and only like to use the radiators if absolutely necessary; plus I think clothes smell and feel better if they have had a good blow.

No comments:

Post a Comment