OUR JOURNEY AS WE TRY TO LIVE A GREENER AND MORE ECO-FRIENDLY LIFESTYLE

top cashback

Online Cashback

Tuesday 15 January 2008

DAY 15

Laundry is having to hang on the indoor airer as we have a very wet and windy day.

I have put on a fleece and some thick socks so as not to have to put the heating on, I have had some soup from the freezer for lunch, again to keep warm.

When I put the oven on to cook dinner I will also make a fruit crumble for dessert, and some muffins for the cake tin.

Sorting is taking a steady progress, with 1 box in the shed now ready to donate when I go into town next week, some things could also possibly go through Freecycle as I have now joined my local branch of this.

I also have the old computer and moniter which I will take to my recycling facility, I checked with them and they accept these, David wants to go and see how this place works, so we might have to wait until the next school holiday as they shut at 4pm.

2 comments:

  1. Maisie,

    You are sure making great headway! I'm still plugging along, and I wish that I could line dry my clothes, too. Reading about that in some of your entries has me longing for line dried sheets. We can recycle 1,2 4 and 5 in plastics, so I am able to reduce some garbage. I am slowly trying to find things with less packaging. I just bought a couple of toys that were packaged in a regular cardboard box with a picture on the front - no hard plastic, wires, tape and so on like toys seem to have now. I was quite pleased with the packaging as there is only a little bit of plastic baggies to dispose of and I think they are recyclable.

    I loved reading all your posts - lots of inspiration for me, too!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jackie, yours is the first blog I click on once on the creativehome blog

    ReplyDelete