OUR JOURNEY AS WE TRY TO LIVE A GREENER AND MORE ECO-FRIENDLY LIFESTYLE

top cashback

Online Cashback

Monday 15 March 2010

Weekly Weigh In 10

This week we see the landfill bag weighing in at 164g, and that is allowing for a styrofoam box which some chips came in from the takeaway we had on Sunday.

Dave and the boys decided to treat me to a takeaway instead of me cooking Sunday dinner as it was Mothers Day. The rest came in either re-usable plastic containers or paper bags; it was all delivered in a returnable cardboard box (claimed to keep the food hotter) rather than carrier bags.

So we are not doing too badly at all considering.

I have changed my shopping habits recently as well and now shop fortnightly at the supermarket with an organic veg box weekly, and doorstep milk, butter and fruit juice. Meat I am still buying from the local PO from a local butchers.

I have told Dave and the boys that as far as crisps and choc bars go "once its gone its gone" until the next shop, as I felt too many were getting eaten and I was buying loads weekly.

I still bake lots of cakes etc but obviously these are better than shop bought processed ones.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like your shopping changes are having an effect on the amount of waste you produce, Maisie.
    I'm glad you were spoilt on Mother's Day - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete