OUR JOURNEY AS WE TRY TO LIVE A GREENER AND MORE ECO-FRIENDLY LIFESTYLE

top cashback

Online Cashback

Monday 17 May 2010

Weekly Weigh In 20


We seem to have hit that plateau as the landfill bag again weighed in at 194g, so although under my target weight, it is not getting any smaller.

I think that as nice as it would be to be zero waste, our day to day living etc is just getting in the way.

I buy as much as I possibly can either naked or in returnable or recyclable packaging we have a doorstep collection for type 1 & type 2 plastics, paper and cans. Glass I take to the bottle bank as I pass it regularly.

I take a trip every approx 3 months to the local HWRC with items which aren't collected but can be recycled there. The amount I take seems to have reduced over the last year so something is going right. Theses are usually hard plastics (bottle tops), tetrapaks and any odd batteries or lightbulbs. They also take used cooking oil which I drain from the deepfat fryer and store in old plastic bottles.

I have a box for crisp packets and toothpaste tubes, which will be sent off once full. All the type 4 polythene bags etc are taken to the local supermarket and recycled in their bag drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment