OUR JOURNEY AS WE TRY TO LIVE A GREENER AND MORE ECO-FRIENDLY LIFESTYLE

top cashback

Online Cashback

Tuesday 4 March 2008

DOING WELL ON THE RUBBISH FRONT - DAY 63 - mar 3

Again we only have a similar size bag to last week and the recycling bin was full, this is good, but some of the recycling was excess packaging which shouldn't be there in the first place, so that is an area to re-look at.

I am going to keep pestering my council to provide a recycling collection or place for type 5 plastic, this is the main thing in my bin now.

Maybe if the government banned plastic bags from supermarkets and shops then the retailers would have to find an alternative form of packaging, ie corn starch bags or recycled paper.


2 comments:

  1. Good for you Maisie on day 63! Doesn't seem like it's been that long. You have certainly made me more aware of my choices. Susan in SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan, it is getting easier to do this as I said before it is just the plastics.

    I have been saving them in a separate bag and have just put a bin liner full into the normal rubbish bin, that is 2 weeks worth.

    In my opinion though this is still too much.

    ReplyDelete