OUR JOURNEY AS WE TRY TO LIVE A GREENER AND MORE ECO-FRIENDLY LIFESTYLE

top cashback

Online Cashback

Wednesday 13 February 2008

DAY 42,43,& 44 - feb 11,12 &13

The boys are off school this week (half term) so I am not really able to do much in the way of sorting etc.

I seem to be constantly baking though, I have used a dozen eggs just on snack items for them and will require more baking again for the weekend.

As David is on a football course tomorrow and Friday and I'm combining taking him with my errands and grocery run, also keeps him happy as he doesn't have to shop with mum. Thomas will stay at home whilst I do this.

I have found a comparison site for 4 of the big name supermarkets in UK which allows you to pick which one you want to shop in then at the end will let you know if your trolley would have been cheaper elsewhere or if you swapped to a similar but different product how much you would save. There is also a offers section under the individual aisles so you can do a comparison on what offers are available.
I have 3 supermarkets all within 10 minutes drive of each other so I can quite easily go to all 3 if necessary to pick up the bargains.

The website is www.mysupermarket.co.uk .

This all helps a challenge I'm doing to try and lower my grocery budget by approx £10 per month by the end of the year, not alot I know but if we are still eating good healthy homecooked food, then there is no need to line the supermarkets pockets, better off having that amount in a savings account.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for this link to compare the supermarkets, i'll try and give it a go.

    ReplyDelete