OUR JOURNEY AS WE TRY TO LIVE A GREENER AND MORE ECO-FRIENDLY LIFESTYLE

top cashback

Online Cashback

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Freezer Update

I defrosted the big chest freezer yesterday, and apart from a couple of loaves of bread which had to be given to the birds there were no surprises.

Unless you count the 2 large carrier bags of bananas (approx 50) Banana Cake anyone?

There was also more rhubarb and blackberries than I thought but they will be used soon.

The freezer doesn't seem as full now but that might have something to do with the 2 inches of ice which were in the bottom.

I have to take the car to the garage today but will make a big batch of Banana Cake later, some of which can go into the freezer for the future.

I will sort the larder freezer tomorrow, but at least there is now space for the contents to go into the chest one whilst I sort it.

3 comments:

  1. Banana cakes and smoothies would be my choices for using up your banana mountain.Freezers are like black holes aren't they, things disappear into them never to be seen for eons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way Tom & David are eating the Banana Cake it won't take long for the mountain to diminish. I must admiot they're not to keen on smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Maisie! I hope you have a wonderful day!! Maybe enjoy with a piece of banana cake....

    ReplyDelete