OUR JOURNEY AS WE TRY TO LIVE A GREENER AND MORE ECO-FRIENDLY LIFESTYLE

top cashback

Online Cashback

Tuesday 20 October 2009

Weekly Weigh In 41

This weeks landfill bag weighed in at 204g, so only just over my target.

The main culprits were again non-recyclable plastics.

6 crisp packets
1 paracetamol blister pack
2 sore throat lozenge blister packs
pasta shapes bag
2 bags which fish and flour had been in
2 cheese wrappers
chicken wrapper

and although a couple of these can be found in less weighty wrappers (cheese in clingfilm), sore throat lozenges (plasticised paper); these were what were available when I made the purchases.

I am not too concerned that I'm over my target, but will again look at what I'm purchasing and consider other options.

When in Tesco last night I noticed that their value 2 pack kitchen roll was the same price as their own label recycled kitchen roll.

1 comment:

  1. Well done again Maisie; it's only a fraction above your target - I hope someone hasn't been too unwell wiht those paracetamol and throat sweets.

    Thanks for the tip about tesco kitchen towel and for the reminder about baking week!

    ReplyDelete