OUR JOURNEY AS WE TRY TO LIVE A GREENER AND MORE ECO-FRIENDLY LIFESTYLE

top cashback

Online Cashback

Monday 16 February 2009

Weekly Weigh In 6


This weeks bag weighed in at a hefty 675g.

This is over double what my ideal is.

The main things I noticed in there were some type 6 yogurt pots which I bought for the boys whilst waiting for my Easiyo delivery.

Otherwise it consisted of plastic meat wrappers, butter wrappers, more cheese wrappers, plastic bags which couldn't be reused and were again the degradable type, I had been storing things in the freezer in them and a couple of light bulbs which have blown during the last week.

Not very good but the light bulbs were 77g each, so although I can in theory knock 144g off the total it is still way too much at 531g.

Back to the drawing board.

2 comments:

  1. Ah well, it's still a good week if you look up and down your road on rubbish collection day. Is there nowhere to recycle your light bulbs? We can take all types to our civic amenity site.
    Hopefully you now have your Easiyo delivery, so next week will be much lower.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a car full of stuff to take to the HWRC on Wed so I'll ask them then.

    It was one of those take old one out of light fitting get new on in as it was going dark and don't think about what you're going to do with the rubbish one. I did at least recycle the cardboard box the new bulbs came in.

    ReplyDelete