OUR JOURNEY AS WE TRY TO LIVE A GREENER AND MORE ECO-FRIENDLY LIFESTYLE

top cashback

Online Cashback

Tuesday 23 December 2008

Christmas Decorations etc


Dave and the boys put the tree and decorations up last night.

Now although this is an artificial tree it is the one I bought 17 years ago for mine and Dave's first Christmas together.

The most of the tree decorations are little wooden figures etc which I bought from a Fairtrade Catalogue 8 years ago when we had our first Christmas in this house and some of the other decorations are ones that we had when I was a child.

We do have the tinsel draped around the light fittings and stair banisters etc, but that is the one thing the boys really like to do.

I also have a few Santa ornaments which were made by local pottery artists and I have bought at craft fairs over the years.

When we take everything down this year I am going to look at it all and see what we have used and what I know we haven't used for a few years. The excess will be donated to a women's shelter in town I think.

3 comments:

  1. I love decorating the tree. The girls would have it up weeks before Christmas. I would prefer to leave it until Christmas Eve. So we reach a compromise. Our decorations are individually wrapped in tissues and stored in a cardboard box. It's so exciting unwrapping them and hanging them on the branches. Some of them date back to when my teenage daughters were toddlers and I can remember where and when I bought each one of them. I allow myself one new decoration a year. This year's addition is a brightly painted papier mache elephant I bought at the Bath Christmas Market.

    I hope you have enjoyed Christmas with your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to donate to the women's shelter. Sounds like you have a lovely tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea... donating to the women's shelter is a wonderful way to give back and add some christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete