OUR JOURNEY AS WE TRY TO LIVE A GREENER AND MORE ECO-FRIENDLY LIFESTYLE

top cashback

Online Cashback

Monday 2 June 2008

CATCHING UP

Although we have been busy over the last few weeks not alot extra has been done on the "green" front. W ehave just continued with the day to day stuff.

The rubbish is still being kept to a minimum with the recycling bin full every 2 weeks, and the compostable bin also.

I still haven't managed to defrost the freezer yet as I got a nice haul of "whoopsied" meat including steak and whole chickens, which will nearly do us the month of June and it only cost £25 for £40 worth of meat.

After getting this lot I have on talking to the farmer where I buy my eggs from found that he will sell me pork,lamb and beef as and when I want, and you see the animals in the farmyard. His prices are good as well £70 for half a pig.

So yet again I am on a mission to clear the freezer so that I can take advantage of this meat after defrosting the freezer; the farm is only 5 miles up the road (closer than the supermarket) and the animals all go to a local abbatoir which is only 40 miles away.

I also managed to come in only just over my Grocery Challenge budget (£1.22) in May (MSE.com).
The whoopsied meat is from June's budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment