OUR JOURNEY AS WE TRY TO LIVE A GREENER AND MORE ECO-FRIENDLY LIFESTYLE

top cashback

Online Cashback

Monday 21 April 2008

DAY 112 - Apr 21

I have noticed the big drop in mailshot that we get now so I think the mail preference that I signed up to is finally working.

Whilst in Tesco on Satuurday I checked a few prices on things which had been rumoured to be going up, rice seems to have gone up by approx 20p per packet and this is value range, bread flour and value range flour were still at their normal prices, but I know other stores have already increased these so I stocked up as with alot of scratch cooking/baking I use alot of flour.

Now whilst this isn't going to have much relevance on our being greener in certain aspects it will in others as without the correct ingredients I won't be able to produce the home made things which I choose to do instead of buying the processed pap. Also bread for a decent loaf has now risen to over £1 per loaf which is ridiculous for something which is a staple food; especially when I can make a loaf for under 50p (present prices) and in my opinion it is much better quality.

1 comment:

  1. prices in the US are going up too. Seems most everything is higher every time I go shopping.

    Last year flour could almost always be bought for less than a $1 for 5 pounds, now the cheapest brand is $1.58.
    The converted rice we like is almost $1 pound.
    Organic eggs are $3.50 for 18.
    Cheese is $4 a pound or more
    Milk is usually $4 a gallon, the organic milk is closer to $6 a gallon.

    our gas prices are high but not as high as yours - $3.35 a gallon right now.

    Thankfully Jeff and I both drive just 5 miles to work and all errands get done after work without making a seperate trip back to town.

    I think these prices are going to keep rising and we will just have to be even more creative to keep up with it.

    ReplyDelete